Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby Charity Quilt

My friend Maggie asked me to quilt and bind and prepare this quilt for the end of May for delivery to some children in Muscat. I ended up stippling this quilt as it's my go-to quilting; but I honestly thought it would suit the top best. Plus, it's practice for my own skill level! I'm very pleased how it turned out and Maggie did a wonderful job putting the top and backing together and also preparing the binding for me. Do you know which pattern this is? Finished quilt measures 38" x 50"

The quilt posing with my dessert roses.

A close up of the quilting and piecing.  Ok.  Just a close up!!

The backing.  I like how Maggie incorporated the purple strip in the quilt.  It is the same as the binding.

All folded up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Snippets Technique

A few of us finally got together to learn the Snippets technique. I had to end it rather quickly but here are some shots!

So far; it's been a good way to learn using landscapes.  This scene is purple flowers on a forest bed.  It's very interesting indeed.  

Here we put a frame around the image to see that it is clear.

This one is Jo's.  I really like the shimmery water and all that color.  She was innovative enough to do that.  I'm still way inside the box!!

I found some photos!  Here we are getting our workspace ready and cutting, cutting and cutting!

Jo was like a demon!  She was so fast and so was Corinne! I was very slow...

Here Paramjeet is helping the ladies with their vision.

Jo's house was packed and shipped so I lent her my Janome.  It was fun to sew on her again!  We put a piece of black net over the picture.  Then we just did little circles all around with monofilament thread.

 There you have it.  A very busy afternoon with the guild meeting for us quilters held in the morning.