I have been wanting to make a Wonky Star quilt for a long time. So, during the summer months I started making them and boy was it fun!! I used a bevy of tutorials out there and used my skills from long ago to turn this quilt into a Quillow!! All of the fabrics are scraps save the backing and batting. I even hand quilted the pillow using Perle cotton from my Hardanger stash!
One of the first layouts I had. I had no idea how I wanted the overall look to be.
I kept making more and more blocks.
In the end, I had to buy a new batting and the backing. I have it in several color ways but it was too much for me. So, I bought this fabric for this quilt. I think it works.
I began to make a huge wonky star and hand quilted it.
I basted this mother four times before I got it right. First it was the pieced-on-the-selvage backing that was bubbling up on me. Then I just could not get it from bunching. Finally I used much better tape and clips and was super duper careful with very desirable results! FINALLY!
Binding fail on the big table.
I decided to quilt using swirls and really enjoyed it. I love the final outcome. This is fresh out of the dryer.
Here is my growing number of quilted pillows. Love them!!