Monday, May 7, 2012

Charity Quilts 2012

At last month's quilt guild meeting; we needed some volunteers to finish off some charity quilts.  I took two...


This one was quilted and just needed a binding.  I was provided with that too.  I meant to try a machine binding technique but ended up following my own tutorial and doing a lovely and snug binding.  My mitered corners were good too!

Here Uki laid on it as soon as I put it on the floor for admiring purposes.  She looks so very pretty amongst the little dinosaurs!


Here I laid the second quilt on top of the first one.  This one was handed to me with the top, which is lovely; but just a panel and a piece of batting.  I donated the backing which was a yellowish rose and did the quilting and binding.

Here Peaches came for the party.  They are so funny these two! 


I bought a bunch of stuff and it all came home in this ginormous bag.  Uki decided to sleep on it.


Peachy got comfy and Uki found her spot!


I did large loops.  There is something to be said about doing charity quilts.  For me, the joy of giving a child a little bit of comfort and happiness warms my ticker!  What also warms the ticker is trying some new quilting and/or some sort of technique.  Which is exactly what I did!!


Here is the second quilt.  There really is no difference except the binding is on.  I love my tutorial.  You should try it out and if so, let me know how you fared!!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

You did a great job on the quilting! I love the "hugs" that quilts give.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Beautiful qulting , Ik Like it !
Best wishes,.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you ladies!