At last month's quilt guild meeting; we needed some volunteers to finish off some charity quilts. I took two...
This one was quilted and just needed a binding. I was provided with that too. I meant to try a machine binding technique but ended up following my own tutorial and doing a lovely and snug binding. My mitered corners were good too!
Here Uki laid on it as soon as I put it on the floor for admiring purposes. She looks so very pretty amongst the little dinosaurs!
Here I laid the second quilt on top of the first one. This one was handed to me with the top, which is lovely; but just a panel and a piece of batting. I donated the backing which was a yellowish rose and did the quilting and binding.
Here Peaches came for the party. They are so funny these two!
I bought a bunch of stuff and it all came home in this ginormous bag. Uki decided to sleep on it.
Peachy got comfy and Uki found her spot!
I did large loops. There is something to be said about doing charity quilts. For me, the joy of giving a child a little bit of comfort and happiness warms my ticker! What also warms the ticker is trying some new quilting and/or some sort of technique. Which is exactly what I did!!
Here is the second quilt. There really is no difference except the binding is on. I love my tutorial. You should try it out and if so, let me know how you fared!!
Thanks for stopping by!