Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Presents made and delivered to Jordan!

These are a set of six coasters (first ever attempt) for Talla; Amal's friend's mom. I learned a lot from these and made a second set of six for my girlfriend for last night's party. We do a gift exchange. I forgot to take pics of those!

These are the back and how I quilted them. With the second set, I just sewed the seam around the edge and left them at that.

This book cover was for Karmah's sister, Zeyna. Apparently, she LOVES it! I'm so happy! I ended up using a red grosgrain ribbon and am thinking of that being my 'thing'. The red does match the red beaks of the flamingos.

I'm still unsure of the best way to do my labels. I get so confused on positioning but will sort that out soon! Notice the 'New Moon' mug that KARMAH gave me? Yep, using it and lovin' it!

This one is another one for Karmah. It looks a lot of one I made for Ali but the inside black fabric is different. Amal chose the fabrics to represent New Moon of course! ??

The inside of this book cover. The label is different than the previous cover.

We also sent a box of Bateel dates in a gorgeous Christmas tree box.

I think Ali is coming down with something. He is coughing and that is never good with this child. I need to figure out what to do now.

Amal is happy and doing well in Jordan. Oh, FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL! My baby girl went to Jordan (hence all the gifts) to visit her friend that she made here in Muscat last year. After seven years in Muscat, the McIlvain's got transfered to Amman, Jordan. She left yesterday afternoon and will be gone a week. I was a nervous wreck until she landed! She keeps sending me little SMS messages all day long, bless her.

Thanks for having a look.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice gifts. where did u get ur xgrain ribbon?

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you. I ordered it from the States, of course! Boy, I need to start my list for the summer when in the states next!