I used some leftover fabric from my Mug Rug Swap 3 project and made this.
My two little friends. It came about because in Flickr-land, birds are everywhere. Some are really darling. This is my attempt. I have to put a kitty in there somewhere, hence this 'Friends' quilt. I made a huge mistake and it is found above the birdie. My fabric buckled and I don't know how to fix it. Can it be fixed? I try so hard and still make mistakes. I wanted to try circle quilting but was so bummed I stuck to stippling. I did good too. Except for on top of the birdie... ugh...
Here is the back. I just realized that I did not put on a label yet. Also, I learned that at the bottom there is an oil stain from a dirty machine! Shame shame! It came off on the bobbin thread.
Just another brighter view. I feel that something is needed on the tail of the kitty as it slipped when I ironed it on. This little quilt is simple but I feel it needs something still. If you look closely, you will see that I hand embroidered FRIENDS in the banner.
I was going to send this to someone but just can't now as it has this mistake. I will take this as a learning curve.
I love my binding. I think it turned out just right and will stick to this way.
My quilting is the smallest stippling I have done and I'm pleased with it!
I like the basics of my designing. It was fun.
Thanks for stopping by.