Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm sprucing up my Eid dress!

Eid al Adha is coming up around November 6th.  Why don't I know for sure?  Because we go by the Moon and can't quite be exact until closer to the time.

Last Eid, I had two dresses made.  They were fabrics given to me by my bud Isra, but a bit plain.  So, what is a girl to do to embellish fabric?  Go Crystal shopping!


This is the scarf that I will wear on my head.  It is so pretty and simple which is not conducive to Eid.  There should be some major bling!


Here is Uki helping me yet again!  


She should wear this as it looks better on her!  Brings out her eyes! ;-)



I bought light sapphire blue swarovski crystals and larger golden ones.  It looks smashing!  It was a long process though!  Tomorrow I will finish the dress.  I will embellish the neck line and the sleeves!  I think I will wear a mixture of blue and purple eyeshadow which means I have to go shopping for blue! Maybe I'll go with grey???  Hmmm...


I bought this tool a few years ago with my Mom.  I paid 20 OR (Omani Rials) which is a little less than $60.  I finally used it!


Here is the pile of blue...


Here is the pile of the golden or topaz...

I'll show the dress when done.

I am still working on my Peek A Boo quilt.  I did a cool loopy meander but now don't know what to do with the barns....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Go to love a bit of bling!

Elena said...

Qué maravilla de vestido va a resultar. Estarás muy guapa.
¿Cuál es la festividad de la que hablas?
Besos
Elena

Jean(ie) said...

ooh, that will be pretty!

Soile Kivinen said...

I want to see every detail of the dress, can't wait too it.

Nadia said...

Eid is on the 6th. It was confirmed over the weekend via SMS from the Ministry of Religious affairs! Yay for holidays!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Alia. How fun to embellish in that way. Lovely colors, too. Have a happy new year celebration, too. I'm making white couscous--that's traditional in Tunisia.
best, nadia

Anonymous said...

Where are you?