Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

I drove to Dubai with the kids for the first time in 16 years here in the Middle East!  Yay!


We welcomed my friend from University and her two kids.  Here Waqar, my husband is taking Seth to golf.


We jumped in a taxi to go somewhere.  Forgot now!


Here we are on New Year's Eve.  We took the train to the Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world) to watch the fireworks but it was crazy so we headed back to the hotel tout suite!


Here are Eden and Amal at the Burj on our tour on New Year's Day.  (U2's diddy comes to mind!)


Liz, Eden and Seth up in the Burj Khalifa.


On our way back to Oman, we stopped and went camel riding and quad biking!  That is Ali in the green and the girls on the camel.


Waqar and Ali on the quads and the girls on the camel.


Ali and I posing with 'Joshi' the camel.


On the way back to Muscat in what takes about 4 hours to 5 hours driving took us over 11 hours as I got a flat tire on my car (we had two cars) right when I crossed the border.  Here is Eden, Ali, Liz and Seth enjoying the weather and some cupcakes from Dubai while we waited for Waqar to fix the tire.


Here is Waqar with the spare, a cup cake and a cigarette.

My car is seriously damaged and I don't look forward to learning what that is.  We think the guy who patched the tire screwed something up majorly and we are waiting to put the car in the dealer to see what is wrong.  I have a rental until tomorrow.


This is from the rooftop of my house.


Eden fell in love with my 'outdoor' kitty, Oreo.


In Muscat we went snorkeling and on a tour of Old Muscat and saw the Palace and other things.  We went rock climbing and to a couple of beaches.  It was so much fun these last three days here.

We are waiting for my husband and then we are all off to the airport to drop them so they can begin their long journey home.  It was such a great time to be together in Dubai and Muscat with them!  Come again!

Tomorrow I will be back with the update of my Mystery Quilt before the long week away!  Then, I have to get the kids ready to go back to school on Saturday after three weeks off for Winter break!  Yay!  I have two days left with them and will be cooking back on the South Beach diet and hangin' with my babes!  

Hope your New Year has been as wonderful as mine!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful new year. Here's to a great 2011!!!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thanks Lois! More of the same to you and your loved ones!