Friday, September 24, 2010

I have the sweetest daughter!

During the summer, we went to this store called ArtMart in St. Louis. It was WAY cool!  I bought a BUNCH of stuff but the coolest thing was what the man gave me (besides iPod know how!) as a freebie for just buying stuff there.  He gave me four little packets of modeling clay. Nothing eye catching; just a black and white bag.  I gave one to Eden and I kept the other three for Amal, Ali and I.  Hey, I'm a kid at heart!

So, back in Oman, Amal got to cleaning up her room and making it even more of a TEEN room.  During this time; she made a bunch of little things with this clay.  She REALLY enjoyed it and she kept talking about it.  Finally, or at some point; she called me upstairs to her room to present me with these items:

A card... the front...


the inside...


the back and 'label'...


My new little man, Alejandro...


a close up with my new man... isn't he cute!  He is holding a Colombian empanada (meat pie)...


here is the whole loot: card, Alejandro, a peach pie, a plate of chocolate chip cookies, a Hershey kiss and a quarter to show scale...


the packet...



Blogger has yet again changed it's 'way' to do things so it took me hours to get this pictorial story up. I have too much to do for this! However, I wanna share just how cool my daughter is!  The colors are the colors in the Colombian flag.  The hat and poncho or DRUANA as we call it there he has.  Also, again, the little meat pie which WE LOVE!  My Dad makes the BEST in the world!  This clay can be painted. It just dries pretty quickly.  If you find it; pick it up for the kids for a fun filled afternoon!

Thank you Amu!!  I LOVE them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet!

Alia you should use windows live writer, SOOOOOOOOoooooooo much easier with pics etc.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

I tried when you found it and posted about it but I can't seem to use it with a Mac!!??

XUE said...

My dughter is also my best friend too. Thank God for understanding & creative children!