Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I made a Salad and Cookies!


I made a really nice salad for dinner tonight!  A salad without lettuce! It turned out so pretty and tasty!  See Peachy on the side?  I think she was after the chicken and the egg!  Here is the recipe:

4 chicken breasts marinated overnight with olive oil, province herbs, minced garlic, salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 cucumber, cut as you like
20 little carrots chopped
handful of mushrooms chopped
handful of coriander chopped
2 Tbsp black beans, drained
feta cheese just to eye
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, diced (this needs to be marinated or it's too strong, for me!)

I grilled the chicken and then sliced it and through it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  I added cracked black pepper and salt and lemon juice and a little olive oil!  It was so nice!

You could add any other vegetables that you have on hand.  That's what this was.  An ON HAND SALAD!

We liked it so much that I will be making it again for dinner tomorrow but will make more.  I will be adding avocados and turkey bacon too.  

For dessert we had:


OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!

They were so good!  I sent some home for my girlfriend with her maid that came to help me domestically!  They all loved them!  Yummy! Want the recipe?  Leave me a note.


Another view....



They really are very good.  Chewy, thin and just good!

Thanks for stopping by.  I should stop baking!  Kind of cancels out the salad doesn't it!?




No comments: