Friday, July 29, 2011

Part 2 of Tuesday..

On Tuesday morning, we went to visit my friend and her kids.  You will find her at Sew 2 B Happy.

It was a lovely visit after such a long time.  Ali played computer or WII stuff with the boys and Amal got to hang out with Lujayne!  They did makeup and played tea party and Lulu is 5 and my Lulu is 15!  She was very patient which I think is good for her!

Meanwhile, I got to hold little Eyad a bit and talk to Isra/Clodagh!  It was a very nice morning with lovely coffee and some delicious chocolate cupcakes.  Thank you!

Here are little Eyad and me. 


His little foot.  


I tried to capture the size difference but since I can not see any longer up close; I can't take decent pictures! Sorry for the blurriness!


Here is Amal lovin' on this little guy!


After the visit; we left and went to check out a new WH Smith bookstore outlet.  We are still devastated that Borders closed down in the big mall so we were excited to get there and check it out.  Plus, I needed my next selection for my Book Group and it was there so we went.

The kids were hungry so we bought our loot at the book store and walked next door to Costa Coffee.  As I was paying for our lunch; I took out a 20 OR (Omani Rial) note and with both hands kind of pulled it taught and it ripped right down the middle.  Now 20 OR is slightly less than US $60.  Needles to say, the man taped it together!



The kids chose a really high seating area and I liked the logo for this place.


Here are Ali on the left and Amal on the right finishing off their lunch.  You can see the WH Smith bag and I bought ROOM by Emma Donoghue.  The info is here in case you wish to  read up on it.


After book shopping and lunch; we ran over to Samia's to get the boys.  Mr. Nawaf has been oiling his own hair.  He was shy and would only speak to me in English when we were all alone!  That is Nizar next to me.  He was playing around on my computer trying to help me set up a button for my blog.  We had a lot of fun with the boys and they were happy to hang with Ali.  They spent the night.


Their Dad, Zahran came over in the morning and took them but not before he had a pancake breakfast with me and a cup of VERY strong coffee!  We had a nice long visit and then they were gone.

I got a little sad in the afternoon, I think due to the let down of having visited and then hosting kids and as Nizar was looking forward to my Chicken Enchiladas and Mexican Rice for lunch.  They left before that.  I felt myself falling into a depression when my husband came home and told me that he was helping this young Omani guy out by giving him a job in his company and lending him my car (my Honda) and the dude crashed it and died.  Then, Ali discovered that our outdoor kitty had a gash in his foot, from a fight no doubt; poor thing.  He was defending his territory which is our property.

I suddenly got out of my slump, thank God!

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to sleep in tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Beautiful children! I love me a good bookstore! Our Borders already closed.

Room was a good book despite the dark subject matter. I couldn't put it down.

Sending hugs from the us!

sadia said...

lovely blog! :)

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Jean: Thank you. Now you are on my followers as two people?

Sadia: So nice to meet you. Welcome to my blog. It has been so fun for me to meet bloggers from all over the ME as well as the rest of the world!

Come back!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics..looks like you all are having a really good time before Ramadan starts :)

Chick Flick Journal said...

cute kids mashAllah :*