Sunday, July 17, 2011

U2 performing in St. Louis tonight!

Today is July 17th.  Today in St. Louis, Missouri; where I grew up; U2 is coming to perform!  I LOVE this band.  Always have!  So, although it is already 2:57pm here in Muscat and I have only been listening to Astrakan Cafe, which is on my sidebar, it's U2 for the rest of the day!  It has been for the last two weeks and Ali is losing his patience with me!  So, bare with me as I post a few of my favorite songs in video format.  If you are going; have a great time!  I am so homesick!  I usually never get homesick during the summer when not there.  That is reserved for the winter and holiday months!   I get goose bumps on my arms and legs when I listen to music that I love.  I have also been driving on a relatively new highway which is beautiful at night and goes through the mountains with this music blaring!  I ended up one hour away from home one night last week!  It was awesome!  Got lost too.  This band is intelligent and has done a lot for the human race.  Bless them.. Here goes:

New Year's Day


Sunday Bloody Sunday


Magnificent


Mysterious Ways



I'm workin' on my belly dancing skills!  Can't live here for 16 years and not come away with that talent!

I Will Follow


Look at how YOUNG these kids were!  Bono was only 20 and the drummer is the baby at around 17 I think!  Oh, and by the way, this is their very first video!  He wrote this song for his mother and this is the ONLY song he plays at every single concert ever since 1980!  Aww...

Miss Sarajevo  - Beautiful!


For war torn Bosnia.

Bad


Bono wrote this for a friend whom died of an overdose.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own



Bono wrote this for his father and sang it at his funeral.  Very touching and sad.  It looked like he was crying towards the end but maybe it is just sweat.  His father was a tough Irish man.  Bono says they are the same soul.  They had problems always.  His father loved Opera which is in one of the lyrics when he says, 'You're the reason why the Opera is in me'.  Beautiful!

Walk On


Another great one for a long drive through the mountains!

These are just a few of my favorites.  Enjoy!

Off to make lunch for Ali and plan a 'ride' later tonight!

No comments: