Monday, May 10, 2010

14 years ago today, I was sleeping at this hour!

Fourteen years ago today, I was sleeping. At 12:25am I was! But a few hours before that; my Mom; whom was visiting for the birth of my first baby and her first grandchild, and I were watching a slue of movies such as: Beaches, Stella, Terms of Endearment and I think that was all we could handle. We were bawling and my hubby walks by and starts to shake his head and ask WHY we watch stuff that makes us cry???!!! He was also very concerned about 'the baby'.

The next morning I awoke at 6:50am. I had pain in my lower back. I went to my Mom's room and she rolled out of bed and started massaging my lower back and having me walk up and down the hall and then we laid in her bed. This went on every 30 minutes or so till 2.

To make a long story short; we realized that I was having contractions every five minutes so we got to the hospital by 2:30. Scared my Mom to death! My husband's driving that is! I got in and my midwife was there (lucky me) and delivered my baby with my Mom's help in translating because apparently, whenever I get very emotional; I revert to my native Spanish.

My baby girl, in all her perfection; was born at 6:34pm, Friday, May 10, 1996. She has been such a blessing in my life. It has been such a joy to have her and watch this amazing kid develop and grow. F O U R T E E N!!

Wow.

I hope I still feel this way as the teen and high school years approach me! Haha..

Happy Birthday Amu! Mami loves you!

4 comments:

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique said...

Happy Birthday Amal i hope you had a blast!
xxxx

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you Mayya. I will tell her. I need to get showered for our reservation at Trader Vic's!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Amal, hope you have a fabulous year ahead.

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Thank you Isra. I showed her and she smiled.